Casey Liscum on Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:55:46 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] 2 CDROM Trouble

Hello all,

I have two IDE/Atapi CDROMs, one a Mitsumi CDR and the other a Creative
DVD. I've never had trouble with them in the past even with SCSI emulation
enabled for burning with the Mitsumi.
I have no trouble mounting the first drive (Mitsumi) as /dev/scd0, but the
DVD drive is no longer being recognized, and when I try to mount it as
/dev/scd1, it just mounts /dev/scd0 instead.
Also, I tried 'cdrecord -scanbus' and the only drive returned was the
Mitsumi (/dev/scd0).

I'm running RedHat 6.0 with kernel 2.2.4 (altho the problem was occuring
with the original 2.2.5-15 too).

Is there something I may have missed in the kernel configuration that I
need to use multiple CDROMs?  Any other hints or ideas would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

by the by - I don't _think_ it's hardware related because I tried booting
in Win98 and both were recognized and working properly.

Casey Liscum              - I believe the technical term is 'oops...'
cwl22@drexel.edu
http://blankspace.org/