Darxus on Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:24:47 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] plug meeting tomorrow, ending around 10

Not sure if you intended to send this to me personally, or to the list.  I
hope to not get crucified for replying to the list...

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, John Lavin wrote:

> Well, I guess I'm un-lurking.  I've been up in the air about going to a
> meeting, but this might just put me over the edge - even though (gasp) I

I'm functional with vi, know nothing of emacs, and primarily use pico.
Shocking, isn't it ?  Yeah, well, I'm very interested in this talk.

> like vi!  I've never heard about shampoo - what's it like?

http://www.ferret.com/nocturne/

Nocturne is the oldest running Goth club event in Philly.  Actually, it
might be the only one right now.. or close to it anyway.  It used to be at
The Bank on wednesdays.  Last I heard the bank is now a bad steak house
(but haven't confirmed that).

www.ferret.com is the home page of Dancing Ferret, a promotions company
that is to blame for Nocturne.

Nocturne is the reason I bought vinyl pants.  Until you comprehend the
unoficial dress code, it is generally recommended that you stick with all
black (not just mostly black).

Lots of harmless, really neat people, in vinyl, velvet, ruffles, leather &
spikes.

> Oh, and one big warning: the conversation may be a bit thin since I've
> only been dabbling with linux.  I like to program, not admin a system so
> when I hit a roadblock, I tend to be *really* blocked...
>
> So if I haven't scared you off, lemme know...

It takes quite a lot to scare me off, I assure you.  I'm generally a good
bit more concerned about scaring people off.. but I think I usually do a
fair job at convincing them I'm harmless.