Brent R. Matzelle on Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:14:06 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] SQL books?

I highly recommend MySQL & mSQL, it contians a primer on the basics
of SQL and a very comprehensive SQL reference.  In addition to
teaching you SQL, it gives you a references of the major CGI and
scripting languages that have MySQL APIs.  Plus, MySQL is just such a
useful and popular database that learning it now is good bet for the
future.  To see an example of a database driven site with a MySQL
database and PHP check out this site I recently finished for Herb
Denenberg:

http://TheDenenbergReport.org

Brent

On Thu, 03 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> I'm not sure I can recommend it (I haven't had a chance to get to my copy)
> but there is a MySQL & mSQL book from O'reilly.  It's pretty good and if
> you're doing to use MySQL on your system ...
>
> andrew.
>
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000 mg@infinity.stf.org wrote:
>

> > 	Can anyone recommend a good generic SQL book? I've already got a
> > fairly good handle on the basics so I'm looking for something that isn't
> > geared for the absolute beginner.  I know this isn't exactly a linux
> > question, but I thought this would be a good group of people to
> > ask. Thanks.
> >
> > mg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
- Theodore Roosevelt