Hugh Brock on Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:41:12 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] Checking for vm on your system

Michael C. Toren writes:

 > I don't know how to check if vm is present, or what version is installed;
 > I'm a vim user for the most part.  But, if you can tell me how to check,
 > I'd be happy to do so.

Look for vm.elc or vm-* somewhere under /usr, or wherever emacs' various lisp
directories are lurking on your machine.

Or you can just type M-x vm from an emacs buffer and see what it
says. If you get an error it's a pretty good indication vm isn't
there.

Take care,
--Hugh