Bob Stanfield on Sat, 12 Feb 2000 19:12:05 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] procmail

Folks,

	I have been running "fetchmail" w/ "procmail" for some time.
Suddenly "procmail" stopped working. Actually it hangs up and
I have to kill it w/ a Cntl C.

	I am running a small home network on a couple of SuSE 6.3
OS machines. I have run a "trace"  and find that shortly after it
calls "nsswitch.conf" it hangs.

	For the record, the .procmailrc and nsswitch.conf are below.
I've even downloaded "procmail-3.14-1.src.rpm", but I've decided to
try a simpler way and ask for advice.

	Thanks

Bob Stanfield
29 Ledge Lane
Pipersville, PA 18947
Voice 610-294-9884
FAX   610-294-8119

.procmailrc

# Please check if all the paths in PATH are reachable, remove the ones that
# are not.
#
PATH=$HOME/mbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail	# You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/abox
LOGFILE=$HOME/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0
* ^To.*announce
announce

:0
* ^Subject.*ANNOUNCE
announce

#
# Anything that has not been delivered by now will go to $DEFAULT
# using LOCKFILE=$DEFAULT$LOCKEXT

#
# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# An example Name Service Switch config file. This file should be
# sorted with the most-used services at the beginning.
#
# The entry '[NOTFOUND=return]' means that the search for an
# entry should stop if the search in the previous entry turned
# up nothing. Note that if the search failed due to some other reason
# (like no NIS server responding) then the search continues with the
# next entry.
#
# Legal entries are:
#
#       compat                  Use Libc5 compatibility setup
#       nisplus                 Use NIS+ (NIS version 3)
#       nis                     Use NIS (NIS version 2), also called YP
#       dns                     Use DNS (Domain Name Service)
#       files                   Use the local files
#       db                      Use the /var/db databases
#       [NOTFOUND=return]       Stop searching if not found so far
#
# For more information, please read the nsswitch.conf.5 manual page.
#

# passwd: db files nis
# shadow: db files nis
# group:  db files nis