Richard Bennett on Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:06:44 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Linksys Homelink Phonecard

hello rick:

i don't know if anyone else wrote back and responded to you yet, but i have had
experience with linksys products...  they are pretty good products and (at least
for their 10/100 cards) have tweaked drivers for them.

visit their website (www.linksys.com) and i believe its the download section(dun
mark me on this)... you download the source, and then compile it

on a side note however, i would simply just spend the money and get a 10/100
etherlink system setup for your house and install it... it isn't as hard as it
seems.

good luck.. and l8r

richard

email me at duncan16@netzero.net if you need help.

Rick Morris wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I had a Windows 95 computer linked to a Windows NT computer linked to the
> outside world via modem, using Wingate software to have both computers use
> the NT modem.
>
> I upgraded the Windows 95 box (Dell XPS 90c) to an Evergreen Spectra 400
> (AMD 400 MHz) just for fun, and installed Windows 98.
>
> Crash city.
>
> So I picked up a copy of RedHat Linux to see if the crashing was hardware or
> the notorious Win 98 2nd Edition.
>
> Linux doesn't crash.  But, I don't think there are drivers for the Linksys
> Homelink Phonecard.  Which is a shame, because the whole concept of using
> the existing copper in your house for ethernetting is just a cool thing.
>
> So my question:  Do any of you Linuxites out there know of a driver for the
> Linksys Homelink Phonecard?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> -Rick Morris.
> rfmorris@early.com, Birdsboro PA