Bill Jonas on Fri, 3 Mar 2000 00:08:32 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Solaris 7 BD

CIA reports from Mar 2 indicate Walt Mankowski may or may not have said:

>On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 11:04:38AM -0600, Jim Sulfare wrote:
>> I was on our Job site this weekend and visited
>>
>> www.arsdigita.com
>>
>> Like always this group has provided me with some really great info and knowledge
>> "God I feel smarter"!!! thanks to all for posting the job link..
>>
>> Mark from arsdigita.com and I had an e-mail chat and I had the opportunity to
>> review their toolkit..  Great kit, take a look..
>>
>> I was able to get Solaris 7 (Intel CD) but I need a bootdisk and some install
>> instructions or  manuals can anybody help me?  I never installed Solaris only
>> SCO, Linux so all pointers welcome..
>
>You're not installing Solaris just to run the ArsDigita stuff, are
>you?  It should run just fine on Linux.

That's right, but this from
http://www.arsdigita.com/pages/jobs/home-study.html:

If you can't or don't want to come to boot camp, we'll be happy to talk
to you about a job after you've completed these steps:

1.read Philip and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing
2.installed Linux on a PC
3.installed Oracle for Linux on that PC (there are free evaluation
versions)
4.installed AOLserver on the Linux machine

<bold+italics>
for the preceding steps, you can actually use any flavor of
Unix; Solaris is probably the easiest but we suggest Linux because it is
free and the hardware is cheap
</bold+italics>

...and then there are 4 more items, and then they tell you about the
$10,000 signing bonus after doing the home study program.

Bill
--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought.
But World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- A. E.