Greg Lopp on Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:03:34 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] shmget

mg@infinity.stf.org wrote:

> Doh! Sorry about that previous message. Stupid pine :)
>
> Anyways, after upgrading to kernel 2.3.51, I've been seeing the following
> in syslog all the time.
>
> Mar 13 15:41:49 infinity kernel: shmget: shm filesystem not mounted
> Mar 13 15:42:17 infinity last message repeated 47 times
> Mar 13 15:43:31 infinity last message repeated 23 times
>
> Anyone know what's up with that? Have I not enabled something in the
> kernel that I should have?

Just did a quick search on "shm filesystem"at deja.com.....

One poster claims a similar problem was resolved by adding the following to
his /etc/fstab

none            /var/shm        shm    defaults                    0      0

Is shared memory going the way of /dev/ptymx in the 2.3.5x series?   i.e.
the same way that an open request to /dev/ptymx returns an unused pty, a
reference to /var/shm is how shared memory segments are
attached/manipulated?

Anybody know anything about the shm filesystem?