mg on Tue, 28 Mar 2000 00:31:31 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] @home

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Darxus wrote:

> <snip> long story about problems I'm all too familiar with </snip

I had/have this exact problem and I assure you, it ain't over for her yet
:)  The way @home is doing things, an IP address is bound to a MAC
address.  When you first fire up the cablemodem and see it blinking lights
like mad (at least on my RCA modem it does this) it seems to be grabbing
that MAC address of your nic and making things proper to start routing
data through. This is all well and good, but it seems like the modem
loses the mac address of the second machine on the network thus wont send
any data through from that machine. I've been on the phone with @home tech
support about this numerous times and the best answer I get is to reset
the modem. Sometimes I go weeks without having to do this, other times it
seems to happen daily. If you find the right person to compain to, then
let me know I'd love voice my frustration as well.

mg