Bill Jonas on Wed, 5 Apr 2000 15:45:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Advocacy

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Jeff Dean wrote:

>I'll bet you're right - there is probably an identifiable group out there
>that doesn't like Linux because others think it's cool.  But don't you

Heh... don't worry, the "vocal minority" (same word I was going to use,
in fact) will move on to *BSD when Linux reaches critical mass.  ;)

Michael, how about a third choice:
3) Because it provides me with a stable OS to use on my older PC.  Plus,
it makes for an good development platform.  And I am opposed to
proprietary software for my own idelogical reasons.

Or a fourth:
4) It has turned out to be the best choice for the job, for me, on a
number of occasions.

Bill
--
"I couldn't give him advice in business and he couldn't give me
advice in technology." --Linus Torvalds, about why he wouldn't