Aarune J. Oracle on Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:23:01 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Netscape 6 PR1

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Martin DiViaio wrote:

:Yes, yes, I know it's not due out till tomorrow... Well...
:
:It's available now!
:
:ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6_PR1/unix/linux22/netscape-v600pr1.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz
:
:It's the Pre-release version #1. With all the disclaimers and (probably)
:bugs that go with it. Anyone besides me crazy enough to try it?
:
:By the way, there are also Windows and Mac versions available.
:

How is the linux version, I am yet to download it, I may get a chance
tomorrow as I have too much to do in windows, but the windows version
looks like it is 100% Java, so much for being small, it is slow....

--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming
its host's resources and spreading across networks