Michael C. Toren on Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:42:38 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] know where we can get a sun box for 60 days ?

  • From: "Michael C. Toren" <mct@netaxs.com>
  • To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] know where we can get a sun box for 60 days ?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:42:32 -0400

> > Scott Bethke has always done right by me...
> >
> > http://www.gstek.com/
>
> Thanks.  Know if this.. "VIDEO ADAPTER SUN TO VGA 13W3M/HD15F MOLDED"
> (http://www.us.buy.com/comp/product.asp?sku=10233915) would be usable, or
> do we need to get a sun monitor ?

If you're not developing an X application (in which case graphical
console access would be nice), and only need to access the machine via
the network once it's up and running, you won't need a frame buffer or
monitor.  Sun hardware automagically decides to use the serial port as
the console if there's no keyboard plugged in, which means you can do
anything -- including an OS install -- remotely, if you have an open
serial port on a neighboring machine :-)

-mct