Aarune J. Oracle on Mon, 10 Apr 2000 22:41:16 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Partition suggestions?

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Michelle Weber wrote:

:Hi.. I'd just like to get partition suggestions for a sparc ipc with a 200
:meg internal drive and a 210 meg external drive with 12 megs of memory. I am
:about to install Redhat 6.1 on it, or would it be wise to go with an older
:version of redhat or a different distro with this small amout of disk space?
:
:

I think debian would be best on a system withthat little drive space

but /bin and /usr should be on the first drive with the swap and the rest
on the second, with /usr on the first drive it will give you the room you
may need to have /usr/local/src and compile the programs you may
need/want.

--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming
its host's resources and spreading across networks