Bill Jonas on Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:36:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Setting up ftpd when using tcp wrappers

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Luis Baars wrote:

>Does anyone know where to find the in.ftpd source and/or executable?

The easiest way would be though your distribution -- check the install
media and/or see if it happens to be installed already.  If you use an
RPM-based distro, I believe that 'rpm -q ftp' or ftpd or in.ftpd or
something will tell you if rpm thinks it's installed.  You'll want to
verify that the executable is not present if rpm (or dpkg, if you run
Debian, or nothing if you run Slackware <g>) thinks it's
installed.  "find / -name in.ftpd" or similar ("find / -name
'ftp*'").  If it actually isn't there, first uninstall it (if the
packaging system thinks you have it, so you can install it again: "rpm
-e ftpd" or whatever the package name is), and the find and install it
from your distribution media.

Bill
--
"I couldn't give him advice in business and he couldn't give me
advice in technology." --Linus Torvalds, about why he wouldn't