Barry Roomberg on Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:14:56 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Flushing SCSI channels?

Hi all.

This is my 1st post, so hopefully I'm at the right place.

I have a RedHat 6.2 based PII with an internal IDE
and a differential SCSI - aix7xxx based.

The SCSI is connected to a box that pretends to be a
S/390 (3090?) disk to a mainframe. It allows me to read MF disk
formatted data via specialized software that understands
the MF VTOC, etc.

When the MF changes data on the device, I can't tell
Linux to flush the cache without rmmod and insmod of
the driver, which kills any current xfers.

This code originally assumed a raw disk on SCO, but I
don't have raw devices here.

1) Are raw devices a reality?
2) Is there a non-destructive command I can use
to invalidate the cache associated with specific disks?
With ALL disks?

Thanks for reading this far

Barry Roomberg