Aarune J. Oracle on Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:32:11 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] PPP Problems...

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 DrexelDG@aol.com wrote:

:I placed the "noauth" in the options file... now I can connect.... but I
:cannot go anywhere.  The connection does not respond.  I thought that prehaps
:this was on the ISP's end, but when I tried another connection with the same
:results, I came up with the conclusion that I am not putting something in.
:Thoughts?

In KPPP there should be a checkmark saying something like use DNS in kppp
entry or something like that, you may have too many DNS numbers that are
trying to be used.  Check /etc/resolv.conf for how many you have in there
and check the DNS settings in KPPP you need only 1 to 3 numbers total.  I
think if I remember correctly that kppp tries to add the dns numbers to
/etc/resolv.conf upon connection, and if you have more then 3 you will not
be able to get anywhere in the net.

--
-Rune

Operating-system software is the program that orchestrates all the basic
functions of a computer.

		-- The Wall Street Journal, Tuesday, September 15, 1987, page 40

Windows 2000 can be called a parasite because it keeps growing, consuming its host's resources and spreading across networks