Greg Lopp on Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] PPP Problems...

DrexelDG@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all...
>
> When trying to connect to the net... I get this error.
>
> "The remote system is required to authenticate itself but I couldn't find any
> secret (passwords) which would let it use an IP address."
>
> I got this when I used kPPP, and when I try to activate ppp0, this message
> appears in /var/log/messages.

Have we ruled out the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets or /etc/ppp/chap-secrets files?  I'm
not familiar with them, but the text of the log msg suggests that this might be
the problem.....

Do you have the PPP-HOWTO?  Check out section 13 for configuring secrects files.