Martin DiViaio on Sun, 23 Apr 2000 10:25:03 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] scripting?

Ummm... I'm not a shell expert but using wget may not be a good idea.
wget by default will attempt to download the url in question and put it
in a directory named whatever the main part of the url happens to be
(i.e. www.whatever.com.) Also, wget may parse the page it receives and
attempt to get whatever links the page points to (I don't remember off
hand if it will do this by default) and then parse the next html page it
receives and so on. This isn't infinite; it will only go five layers
deep by default but can add ALOT of data to your home directory.