darxus on Wed, 10 May 2000 17:27:04 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] inconveniently broke a sun box

On Wed, 10 May 2000, William H. Magill wrote:

> >   I have the pizza box on my lap right now.  I'm going to try building
> >   readwrite ufs support into a linux kernel and mounting the drive in it.
>
> Just boot it up into single user mode. At that point, it doesn't care about
> /etc/passwd. (I don't think, but don't remember... If it does, you'll have
> to physically mount the disk on another box.)
>
> stop-a will get you to the prom prompt.
> >boot -s

Got into single user mode, but I still got the "No shell" error :/

Oh yeah, and this drive.. might be standard uw scsi, except it doesn't
have a place to plug power in.. so it looks like I can't do anything with
it.