M. Simons on Fri, 12 May 2000 15:07:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] DSL providers

On Fri, 12 May 2000 darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> A friend is looking for a DSL provider that will be okay with him running
> apache & majordomo.  There was a guy at the last PLUG meeting that was

Well, I dont have DSL service, but I, like others out there have gotten an
ad in my postal mail and went to their website to check it out...from
telocity.com their ad says "and a static IP address for webhosting" -- and
I thought that maybe it was a miscommunication and a misunderstanding on
the part of the people who put together the ad, but nope it isnt... their
website specifically states that you can run a webserver, network address
translation, ftp, etc... the only restriction it states is that you cannot
use it for 'commercial purposes'  telocity service is 640/90 and 49.95
free use of modem,installation,activation.. (well it says there is a
shipping charge for the modem of 25$) note: I have not read the
fine-print.