Vettese, Nick A on Mon, 22 May 2000 14:52:27 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] This mornings attack

was this the users email address: anthony86887@tauschrausch.de?
Because the subject of my email was: How have you been?  I hope you remember
me.
And I do not know anyone with this address.  It was all about making money.
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McCoy [mailto:JIM@JIMMCCOY.COM]
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2000 2:48 PM
To: plug
Subject: [PLUG] This mornings attack

Earlier today I let you all know of what looks like, and mostly is, a hacker
attack
that compiled account and IP information off my windows system.

It appears that this was an attack aimed at the HP-3000 user community.
I also believe I interrupted it quick enough to avoid any real damage.
I've spent all day combing over my machine.  Although it's wise to be safe
I'm not nearly as concerned as I was when I first saw this happening.

Some other HP users also received a similar email today and it is being
looked in to.

If any information comes out that is relevant to this list I'll let you
know.

But I'm sure this will not affect you.

Jim Mc Coy