Vettese, Nick A on Thu, 25 May 2000 13:50:21 -0400 (EDT)

RE: TurboLinux Rebate was RE: [PLUG] "Distro" advocates

Turbo Linux 5.0, would have been up against RH6.0.  they changed it to keep
up with the current "Main" Distro, and it is based on RedHat.
Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Simons [mailto:msimons@caip.rutgers.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 1:29 PM
To: 'plug@lists.nothinbut.net'
Subject: TurboLinux Rebate was RE: [PLUG] "Distro" advocates

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Vettese, Nick A wrote:
> that.  LinuxMall is offering TurboLinnux 6.0 for free.  you pay only 20 +
> s&h, and fill out the 20 rebate, Okay so it is still 7.50 when all is said
> and done.  But from 49.95 to 7.50, and I got the 99 cent  CD R6.2 for
free.

Yes, TurboLinux Workstation 6.0 is being offered on a free rebate... I
believe Microcenter also has it on Free rebate right now... a week or two
ago, compusa had it on free rebate, but it wasnt advertised -- an
oversight, I think.. but even at compusa it is priced at 29.95 right now
so with the 20$ rebate, it is 9.95.

I personally got turbolinux workstation 4.0 on rebate, and redhat 5.2
(macmillian box) also.. keep alert.. this stuff comes along every now and
then.  [my question is, whatever happened to turbolinux 5.0?]

when considering rebates consider the following:

shipping costs if any (if you do it via mailorder -not all mail order
places can have rebates applied to them, so check it out.)
postage to send in your rebate $.33
photocopies that you need (a photocopy of your receipt to send in, and a
photocopy of everything --the form, the upc code, etc. to keep for your
records) $.10-.30
any sales taxes involved

free rebates rock. I have gotten quite a lot (not too much linux stuff
tho) on free or very low rebates.