Bill Jonas on Thu, 25 May 2000 15:34:49 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Sharing distros

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Michael W. Ryan wrote:

>The simplest way to determine any of this is to read the documentation
>that comes with the distribution.  I know Red Hat is very clear about
>which parts are not redistributable.

If I'm not mistaken, some distros come with a CD specifically for
sharing.  The Slackware ISOs available for download are images of two of
the CDs that you get when you buy it (although of the other two, one is
a bootable filesystem, and the other is similarly free).

I've got Slackware 7 and SuSE 6.3 I'd be willing to share (and shortly
after the Debian group points the 'stable' symlink on their servers to
point to potato, and CDs come out, I'll have Debian potato).

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.netaxs.com/~bj/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/