Jack Wilkinson on Fri, 26 May 2000 13:01:45 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] "Distro" advocates

Potato is currently "frozen," that being not unstable anymore, and being
tested to make sure that it's stable enough to be released.  It's actually
in the second frozen stage, so it's getting near to release.

So there is an intermediate stage, but it's only used in the months right
before a major stable release.