Andrew Auderieth on Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:10:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] DSL w/dynamic IP question

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 11:59:44PM -0400, jim wiegand wrote:
> I had BA tell me that Linux was unsupported and they refused to escalate
> my call. You will be on your own as far as hardware support goes. They
> don't care and they don't want to hear anybody complain.

That's a good point -- so long as you get the initial setup working,
whenever you call for support (if they ask) just tell them you're on a win
box or else they'll stop talking.

Though the only times I've had to call is when they've had wide area
outages, and they're pretty responsible about telling you about them.

--
				Andrew Auderieth
				      CEO

http://www.serve.com/					   info@mail.serve.com