darxus on Sun, 4 Jun 2000 10:29:01 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Debian Question

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Tony Dominello wrote:

> I recently decided to try Debian to add to my repertoire and experience
> with distros (along with RedHat, Caldera, Corel, Mandrake, Suse, and
> OpenBSD).  I noticed that the version I ws using (Slink) was based on
> the 2.0.x kernel.

A really really long time ago, I developed the habbit of always
recompiling my own kernels.  Never felt like I was done an install until
I'd done so.  And I keep my kernels up to date.  With debian, once I
install a current kernel, I remove the kernel package.

I've also been running debian unstable, continuously updated, for some
time.