Doherty, Chris on Thu, 8 Jun 2000 01:43:00 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Job Opportunities at ASPRE

Good morning to the Philadelphia Linux Users Group.

My name is Chris Doherty, and I am a Human Resources Consultant with ASPRE.
We are an exclusive e-business Application Service Provider based in
Horsham.  We specialize in the spaces of e-business application hosting,
dedicated e-servers, and development.  We have landed a deal with an
extremely high profile company and must boost up our Network Engineer area
quickly.  The most crucial skillset is someone who has a strong background
with Linux Red Hat / Apache.

Technologies that will be utilized will be Linux Red Hat / Apache, NT 4.0,
Cisco switches and routing software, TCP/IP, DNS, IIS4, and SSL for
encrypting data.  Responsiblities will include solving level 2 & 3 problems
via the phone as well remote connections through PC Anywhere / Telnet.  This
person will also be responsible for the loading, configuration,
implementation, and deployment of the servers.

We are looking for various levels of Network Engineers from 1.5 - 6 years of
experience.  Most of the experience of the senior folks was probably derived
in NT but progressed to other platforms.  People in the 3.5 - 6 year space
and show a high level of networking competency will be given the designation
of Sr. Network Engineer.  Sr. Network Engineers will also be able to play
the role of a team leader as we are looking to add another layer of
management as we grow.  We approaching that point with the next few hires,
so people will be moving up the chain quickly.

We are a quickly growing ASP that feeds the e-business world.  Our revenue
is moving forward based on our projects.  We are holding back on landing
more projects because we will not promise what we can't deliver.  Therefore,
we need more solid N/W engineering folks.  In addition, we are also looking
for a Sr. NT Engineer who is not just a paper MCSE.

I will be stopping by the meeting on Wednesday June 7 on Old City to
basically reiterate this information and hopefully meet a few of you.
Please feel free to contact me at any time via phone or e-mail, and I will
be happy to speak to you in detail about what we're trying to accomplish and
how you can become part of the team.  Thank you all for your time.  Please
research us at our website at www.aspre.net so you can see for yourself.

Chris Doherty
Sr. Staffing Consultant
ASPRE