Michael W. Ryan on Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:20:01 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Win200 OS Loader v. LILO

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Michelle Weber wrote:

> I have an triple boot system at the moment, Win98, Win2000 Pro, and Win2000
> Server.  Obviously they all work extremely well with the Win2000 OS Loader.
> I need to install linux to this machine, because it's the only one I have
> that can handle GNOME, since I'm having a helluva time getting gnome to work
> in solaris on school machines.  SO, here is my question, having Win2000 on
> my system, should I use LILO or the Win2000 loader?  I know with NT 4.0
> installed, it was recommended to use the NT loader.  Is it the same for
> Win2000? And if this is true, would the instructions from the Dual-booting
> Linux and NT HOWTO work? Or is the Win2000 OS loader radically different?

>From what I know of the Win2k boot loader, it functions in a very similar
manner to the NT boot loader.  The procedure for a WinNT/Linux dual-boot
should work.

Michael W. Ryan, MCP, MCT     | OTAKON 2000
mryan@netaxs.com              | Convention of Otaku Generation
http://www.netaxs.com/~mryan/ | http://www.otakon.com/

No, I don't hear voices in my head;
I'm the one that tells the voices in your head what to say.