Daniel W. Ottey on Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Lilo / 1024 sector problem (dual boot)

It is usually wise to make 3 partitions in that instance, 1 for boot
files, 1 for windows, and the other for Linux.  The boot partition should
be the first one and only needs to be a few MB (enough to hold your linux
kernel(s) ).  This is what would show up under Linux as /boot  In that
way, you are ensured that your boot files are always under the 1024 limit.

But as you didn't do that, it doesn't really help.  You might try using
partition magic to swap the two partitions (that is, make the linux
partition first, and the windows partition second).  That again would
hopefully help place your linux partition (which contains the /boot
directory) under the 1024 limit.

But please - I'm not Linux expert.  This has just been from my past
observations.  So maybe an expert out there can back me up or correct my
mistakes...

Daniel W. Ottey
Junior Information Systems Student
Drexel University - Philadelphia, PA