Charles Stack on Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:50:39 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] RE: [PLUG]anyone expierienced with C Builder ?

Greg,

Send me your private e-mail address and I'll be glad to respond in greater
detail.
Mine is below.

Charles
charles@cody-NOSPAM-comp.com
(remove -NOSPAM-) to e-mail me.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.nothinbut.net]On Behalf Of Greg Lopp
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 10:27 AM
To: plug@lists.nothinbut.net
Subject: Re: [PLUG]anyone expierienced with C Builder ?

Charles Stack wrote:

> You are obviously not a C++ Builder user.

You are correct.  I've had no training, just got thrown into this project
when
the other (incompetent) guy left the company.  None of what he left me could
be
used, so I started from scratch using the *.hlp files and old memories of
VisualBasic.  I'm sure I wasted alot of time doing things the "wrong way."
As
an experienced C++ Builder user, I'm hoping that you can explain what "the
big
deal is".  (I don't mean to belittle C++ Builder or your experience, I
simply
don't understand the real differences, advantages or high-order elements of
Builder).

>  C++ Builder supports the
> equivalent of Delphi extensions to the Pascal language including
properties,
> methods, and events.
>
> Additionally, component creation requires additional skills that a
standard
> C++ program would have to acquire.

....and that didn't help.  It's clear to you.  I'm only asking because what
is
meant by these terms and ideas is not clear.  Point me to the document that
will
enlighten me.....