Charles Stack on Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:44:33 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] RE: JBuilder for Mac (was RE: [PLUG]anyone expierienced with CBuilder ?)

Ummm.....Yes, a VM already exists for OS X.  My understanding is the the
version for OS X is buggy and is being cleaned up so that it can run
JBuilder correctly.

cjs

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org]On Behalf Of Leonard Rosenthol
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 5:35 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] RE: JBuilder for Mac (was RE: [PLUG]anyone expierienced
with CBuilder ?)

At 2:03 PM -0400 7/14/00, Charles Stack wrote:
>The only really new product they announced was JBuilder 3.5 for Macintosh.
>Apparently, they are working with Apple to provide a working Java VM for
Mac
>OS/X.

	You misunderstood!  Mac OS X already includes a Java VM based
on the Sun Java2 sources.  The stuff that Borland/Inprise is doing is
to provide JBuilder - a very nice Java development environment for
Mac OS X.

Leonard
                   You've got a SmartFriend? in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65