Bill Jonas on Sat, 15 Jul 2000 11:42:52 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Squid and BIND

Heh... I was going to post a long missive asking for help about why a
zone (doubleclick.net) for which I declared my personal DNS server to be
authoritative was still showing ads (from ad2.doubleclick.net).  Turns
out that Squid caches DNS lookups as well, and in fact was probably
still using the external nameservers that I had configured (I installed
BIND and changed my resolv.conf after the last time Squid had been
restarted).  But I obtained clues: You need to restart Squid as well in
a case like that.  Thought I'd post this FWIW in case it helps someone.

Now, I just have to figure out how to tell Squid to treat everything it
caches with the default cache expiration, save for .deb files, which I
want to keep around until forever or ~6 months have passed, whichever
comes first...  :)

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/