Adam Preset on Tue, 25 Jul 2000 14:16:39 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] command line to determine duplex mode for eth0

Hello folks,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell from the command line whether
an ethernet interface on a Linux box is set for 100Mb half- or full-duplex?
It's fairly easy to tell what we're set for on the switch side, but not so
on a host.  If we can verify what it's set for, we may want to adjust the
mode and lock it down rather than have everything autonegotiate.  Also,
does the method for determining the mode vary from NIC to NIC and what
special kernal modules you might need?

We've just purchased a bandwidth shaper that has Linux under the hood and
we're running some tests.

Adam

--
Adam Preset