darxus on Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:44:05 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] LinuxCare BBCs

I sent this last email on 7/10.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan York
Sent: 8/7/2000 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: FW: BBCs for Philly LUG

Darxus wrote:

> Haven't heard much from you folks recently, figured I'd try this other
> address.

My apologies for our not getting back to you. Matthew Cunningham is no
longer with our company and I'm taking over for him.  We'll try to get
some BBCs out to you within the next couple of weeks.

FYI, I'm including the form letter below that talks a bit more about the
BBCs.

Thanks,
Dan

Thank you for your inquiry about our Bootable Business Cards (BBCs).

If you are associated with a user group, we do send out BBCs for
you to give out at LUG meetings.  Unfortunately, due to high
demand, we cannot provide enough BBCs for all of your members.
Typically we will send you 10 BBCs which a number of LUGs have used
as prizes at a meeting.  If you would like us to send you a package,
please provide us with the following information:

 - Your name
 - The name of your user group (and URL if you have one)
 - Your affiliation with the user group
 - Your shipping address with country information

All packages will be sent from our office in San Francisco, CA, USA.
If you need them by a certain date for a meeting, please let us know
and we will try to get them to you before that time. We cannot
guarantee that we will, but we will try.

Additionally if you or a member of your LUG  have access to a
CD-ROM burner, you can simply download the CD image from our web site:

   http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/

and create your own copy of the BBC on a regular CD.  The package of
programs used on the BBC is licensed under the GPL and freely
redistributable. We encourage people to make copies and provide the
CD to others to whom it may be useful.

If you have any further questions about the BBC, please feel free
to contact me again.

Thank you,
Dan

--
Dan York, Community Relations,  Linuxcare, Inc.
dyork@linuxcare.com    http://www.linuxcare.com/

----- End forwarded message -----