Rebecca Ore on Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:07:56 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Linux S/390

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:

> At 9:46 AM -0400 8/9/00, Laudati, Tom wrote:
> >Infocrossing Inc. is working with IBM on the implementation of Linux on the
> >IBM S/390 Platform.
> >Infocrossing is an Internet Data Center Company that provides hosting and
> >managed services to all types of companies.
> >In addition we have been supplying Mainframe service for over 20 years.
> >I would appreciate any feedback and opinions your group may have regarding
> >IBM's announcement to support Linux on its S/390 platform.
> >
> 	I think it's great!   The S/390 is a VERY COOL platform (our
> company just finished a port of our software to the 390's native OS),
> and having Linux it makes it even better.

A friend of mine wrote the Linux Journal article and the 390 is a Very
Big Platform.  With Linux, the thing will run several thousand virtual
servers -- all in nice sandboxen.

The 390 is somewhere between the size of a large stereo and a small
car.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net