Bill Jonas on Wed, 16 Aug 2000 18:28:52 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] cheap usable systems

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Jack Wilkinson wrote:

>anyone know where I can get a cheap (price is _the_ object) system that's
>somewhat usable as a web/mail/sql server?  something like a 300-500mhz chip,

eMachines isn't bad if you don't want to do X and don't care about
upgradeability.  On mine, the chipset on the graphics adapter doesn't
work properly with the X server that's supposed to support it.  (I lay
blame on whoever put the thing together.)  There's also not much room
inside the case, but you can regain a PCI slot by throwing away the
winmodem.

Bill
--
>Ever heard of .cshrc?             | "Linux means never having to delete
That's a city in Bosnia. Right?    |  your love mail." -- Don Marti
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc  |  http://www.billjonas.com/
on the intuitiveness of commands.) |  http://www.harrybrowne.org/