Chris Nagele on Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:28:36 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] USB ethernet -- help

I recently installed compiled the new 2.4.0-test6 kernel so i could have USB
device support. IN this kernel there is support for ADMtek pegasus ehternet
driver.  This driver allows me to use my Linksys USB ethernet adapter with
linux. The problem is that I am having the hardest time getting this
ethernet adapter to work.  The pegasus driver loads fine at boot, and my
ethernet card shows up in USBVIEW, a program that shows all usb devices
attached to the system.  The problem is with 'eth0'.  I keep getting eth0
FAILED at boot.  I am not sure how to tell linux to use the pegasus driver
for networking.  The pegasus drive is located in the
/usr/src/linux/modules/usb directory and not the /usr/src/linux/modules/net
directory.  When I run 'ifconfig' it cannot find the device. There is a
patch for the updated pegasus module at the developers site.  If i do have
to download the latest patch how do I install it into the kernel?  I just
downloaded the most recent 'pegasus-4.1.c' from your site but i am not sure
what to do with it.  I tried running 'lsmod' and nothing shows up.  Is this
a problem? I am new to linux but i need this to work.  I appreciate any help
that is provided.

Thanks,

Chris