Darxus on Sat, 2 Sep 2000 11:13:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] identd question

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 12:44:01AM -0400, Beldon Dominello wrote:
> Vik Bajaj wrote:
>
> > The semantics of your description raise questions about the directionality
> > of your ruleset for ident.  Can you be more specific?  Are you operating
> > a masquerading/NAT environment?  What are the specific rules in your ruleset
> > which relate to ident?
> >
> > -V.
>
> I've set the rules as follows using IPCHAINS:

The output of "ipchains -L" would be more useful.

And the question of are you using IP masquerading or NAT was important.

> I should also point out that I'm not entirely sure I've got identd working on
> my workstation, either-- though I believe I do.

When you "telnet localhost 113", do you get up to
"Escape character is '^]'."  ?

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com