Barry Spindler on Sat, 16 Sep 2000 11:32:35 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] apt-get / rpm freshmeat article

Just use alien. Nifty little perl script that converts between deb, rpm, slp,
and tgz packages. Just convert the rpm to deb and 'dpkg -i' it :)

	--Barry

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 10:53:13AM -0400, Darxus@ChaosReigns.com wrote:
> http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/09/16/969163199.html
>
> "Mixing APT and RPM is an obvious step in making users of RPM-based
> distributions happier, and probably every vendor has considered
> implementing it."
>
> I was happy to read this, although I'd prefer that the deb & rpm package
> formats be merged.
> --
> http://www.ChaosReigns.com

It's bad enough that life is a rat-race, but why do the rats always have to win?