Rebecca Ore on Sat, 23 Sep 2000 08:17:30 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] Error in starting X

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Fred Forester wrote:

> Hi Rebecca ,
>
> I noticed from a netstat the socket files in /tmp are
> '.' dot files. Are you getting those.  errno 111 is connection
> refused. This sounds more like a client error. Since the client can't
> connect the Xserver dies.

I ended up reinstalling XF86 stuff again, not all of it, and then
running a configuration program and chmoding the resulting XFConfig
file to o+r.  Something in the sequence worked.

I knew to look at dot files when I tried removing the temp files.
Gnome tends to leave a bunch of those around and since a Gnome program
had crashed, I thought doing that might be helpful.

> Fred

Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net