Carl E Hein on Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:00:42 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] SJLUG Anyone? ;)

There is already a South Jersery Linux User's Group (SLUG).
They meet at the new Camden County College campus in Cherry Hill
on Rt70 & Springdale Rd.  They meet the first Monday of every month.

Coincidentally, tonight is their next meeting.  The topic will be
IP-chains.  I believe they have been meeting since June or July.
The meetings have typically had about 10 attendees.  In previous
meetings they covered installation and networking.

I am sure more/other attendees would be very welcome.
It probably makes sense to pull together.

You can contact:  nick@happyduck.org  or  jesran@yahoo.com .
They are definitely looking for more volunteers, so your help
would be appreciated.

Below is the recent meeting notice.

--------------------------------

SLUG Meeting:

The October meeting will be held on October 2nd at 7pm.  The place, Camden
County College on Rt70 and Sprindale Rd, in Cherry Hill.  The topic will be
ipchains and firewalling in general.  The room at CCC will be 201.
Bring your questions, but remember that we are all still learning.

Here are some documents of what we will be covering:
        http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO.html
        http://www.linux-mag.com/depts/bestdefense.html
        http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/2100/1/

Let the group know of any questions and concerns regarding this topic
beforehand, so we can work them.

Thanks,
Nick