Andrew White on Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:47:59 -0400 (EDT)

RE: [PLUG] DSL, Bell Atlantic, and Me

Hi Bob and all,

For the record, DCANet does not use PPPoE.  PPPoE and DHCP are
the two popular methods of assigning dynamic IP addresses to
residential DSL customers.  PPPoE has a much larger following than
does DHCP because it scales better.

We (DCANet) decided to use static addresses for all DSL customers
because many of our customers want to have a static address,
and PPPoE support tends to be spotty outside the Wintel world.
DCANet residential DSL includes up to 6 static IP addresses,
a POP/imap e-mail account, and a 13MB members.dca.net personal
web page.

-Andrew White
 DCANet