mg on Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:09:12 -0400 (EDT)

Re: [PLUG] New space for PLUG meetings

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> Some number of days before the meeting, we generate, say, 50 extra
> names and pass the whole list to Cigna. After that, when people come
> to the site to register, we point out that they have to show up as
> $rand_name, where $rand_name is a name picked from the random list. We
> keep track of which names we issue so that we only issue them once.

It's one thing if an individual decides to sign up under a fake name but
quite another thing when the organization is suggesting and even providing
fake names to use. I know it doesn't make a difference what name you goto
the meeting under but imho its wouldn't be right for PLUG to do this. If a
company is gracious enough to provide meeting space for free then the
least we, as an organization, can do is abide by the conditions they've
given us. Again, just mho.

mg