Sean Cummins on Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:15:39 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] Jr. Oracle DBA

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to send a quick message here to see if anyone would be
interested in an Jr. Oracle DBA position.  We're definitely willing to train
and get you started.  Some previous Oracle/database (MySQL/Postgress/MS
SQL/whatever) and UNIX (Solaris/Linux) experiece is a plus.

Benefits include:

Competetive Salary
Stock options
Personal Choice Blue Cross Medical/Dental (paid for entirely by company)
Game Room (ping pong, air hockey, pinball, video games)
Free Lunches on Fridays

This position is for e-Vend.net, a growing Internet-oriented company in
Kennett Square, PA.  We're beginning to outgrow our Kennett location, and
are currently looking into moving into the Widener/Crozier technology campus
in Chester, PA.  Reports directly to our Project Director/Sr. Oracle DBA.
We're a pretty casual group, a jeans and t-shirts type place.  Its a very
interesting environment, with some cool technology.  Your choice of W2K or
Linux on the desktop.  Network infrastructure includes mostly Solaris
production servers -- eight Ultra 5's, four Ultra Enterprise 450's, and two
Ultra Enterprise 3500's.  The 3500's make up our Oracle Parallel Server (Sun
Cluster).  We use Linux for some administrative servers (monitoring other
servers, admin web sites, etc).  And we also use NT for internal email and
contact management (Exchange).  All file serving (UNIX & NT) is done from
our NetApp.  Network layer equipment includes almost exclusively Cisco
hardware -- 7204 router, as5300 terminal server, pix firewall, local
director, and a VoIP system coming in soon.

If this sounds interesting to anyone, or if you have any questions, please
contact me either on or off the list.

Thanks!

- Sean

Sean R. Cummins                                 e-Vend.net Corporation
Network Operations Manager                     (888) 427-8743 x209 tel
sean.cummins@e-vend.net                          http://www.e-vend.net

The information in this message (including attachments) is confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.