Darxus on Wed, 18 Oct 2000 15:31:43 -0400 (EDT)

[PLUG] mutt signature verification

mutt is the mailreader I use (and which I strongly believe is the best).

I just noticed something neat.

I added the following line to my ~/.gnupg/options file:

keyserver 193.165.192.80

I then read through a couple messages on a mailing list signed by people
who's public keys I didn't have.  It downloaded them automatically in the
process of attempting to verify the signature.

I think that's pretty cool.

Also, I selected the above keyserver like so:

apt-get -y install netselect
netselect -vv `host wwwkeys.pgp.net | cut -f3`

This will output the IP address of the best keyserver to use.

wwwkeys.pgp.net has several IPs (several different servers).  The program
netselect picks the one that is best to use.  The `host wwwkeys.pgp.net |
cut -f3` part outputs all the IPs of wwwkeys.pgp.net to feed to netselect.

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com