Nicholas Vettese on Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:38:59 -0400 (EDT)

Re: list policy (was: Re: [PLUG] Upgrading RPM)

I understand what your saying, and I am sorry if "make" was such a strong word. "Strongly prefer" may not be a as strong, but it can instill feelings as much as "make" can. It's cool and I understand your point. Thanks

From: "Michael Leone" <turgon@mike-leone.com>
To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:15:46 -0400

> I am not saying you are wrong, but I believe that a person should have the
> option of posting in whatever he feels is comfortable. Linux is about

Well, the polite netiquette way is to NOT use HTML to a mailing list, as a
default. Some mailing lists reject it out of hand. Hell, many people
(especially Linux users) just delete HTML without even reading it, because
it's considered impolite to send HTML.

I've seen requests not to post in HTMl on just about every mailing list I've
ever been one.

> freedom, and here you are trying to make this person (and others) conform

Not "make". See the wording ...

> >But I would still strongly prefer that people not post to this list in
> >anything but plaintext.

"Strongly prefer" is not quite the same as "make". More of a "strong
persuasion". If you don't agree, and post in HTML anyway, I doubt he's gonna
do anything (except be annoyed, and request again that you be considerate of
those who don't wnat/don't like HTML in a mailing list post). He's not gonna
bounce you from the list or anything.