Bill Jonas on Sun, 12 Nov 2000 11:06:41 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] Screwed up & hosed - SOLVED

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 08:22:22PM +0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> One o the reasons I want my stuff on different partitions was your talk. :-)
> That, and eventually I want to play with the journalling filesystems, to be discussed next month.

I'm flattered.  :)

I've had good luck so far with ReiserFS (I installed it on 4 machines at my
last job, one that I just left).  If you like Debian, someone has made
available a set of boot floppies with Reiser support at
http://home.psouth.net/~jjk/projects/reiser-debian/.  I've used those on 2
of those 4 machines (the other two had a RAID card that wasn't supported by
its kernel).  Note that you have to do some stuff by hand that the
installer would ordinarily do for you.

--
Bill Jonas                | "If you haven't gotten where you're going,
bill@billjonas.com        |  you aren't there yet." --George Carlin