Walt Mankowski on Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:18:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] emacs arcania: rewrapping lines in mail

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 11:45:26AM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Suppose a paragraph is quoted but doesn't have (correct) linefeeds. So
> I want to re-wrap it. Basically, I want to use fill-region or
> fill-paragraph (depending on whether it's a paragraph or not).

If you edit your emails in mail-mode then emacs will understand all
about quoted paragraphs and reformat them properly.  You can do this on
a per-message basis by entering M-x mail-mode.  You can edit all of your
mutt emails in mail-mode by adding the following code to your .emacs
file:

(setq auto-mode-alist (append (list (cons "^\/tmp\/mutt" 'mail-mode))
                              auto-mode-alist))

Walt