Lars-Eric Adam on Wed, 22 Nov 2000 20:15:28 -0500 (EST)

[PLUG] linux on HP OmniBook

Hi everybody,

I'm fairly new to Linux and I just tried to install redhat 6.2 on an HP
Omnibook without success. Unfortunately the error messages disappear so
quickly that they are hard to read, but it looks like "... cannnot
connect to X11socket ...".
I tried several runs of installation program, but most often the
installation dies when I want to create a boot disk. If I skip this part
and reboot, lilo dies after prompting "li" on the screen. I also did not
manage to configure and run a succesful test of the X configuration.
Since I'm running redhat 6.2 on a dell notebook and the installation
there was quick and easy, is this maybe an HP specific problem?
At this point I'm relatively helpless and appreciate any help, e.g. if
this is a known problem, you can maybe point me to some documentation.
Thanks,

Lars