Anthony Finta on Sat, 2 Dec 2000 22:57:53 -0500

[PLUG] Newbie - needs Apache help

Hi,
I am new to both Philadelphia and Apache (and this list). I have exhausted all outlets (I have 4 Linux/Apache books and have spent days on the Web) trying to solve some problems.
I have a dedicated Dell Host account running Red Hat 6.2 and Apache that came configured. I have multiple IP addresses and I am having no luck getting Server Side Includes in the IP based virtual host I have set up. I have read somewhere where there is a certain issue with this but can't find the fix. I just don't know enough to get it working -

The current lines in the httpd.conf file look like this:

<VirtualHost 216.205.120.179>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@caribbean-on-line.com
    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/mol/
    ServerName www.mexico-on-line.com
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
</VirtualHost>

It is running and the directory (216.205.120.179) does serve static pages and resolves using the IP to the right place ( /home/httpd/mol/ - I don't have the domain name transferred there yet).

The server itself (216.205.120.178 http://www.caribline.com) works fine and SSI works there.
Hope this isn't too much to ask here. I am planning on being at the meeting Wednesday and looking forward to meeting some of you. I have other issues that could use attention too :)
THANKS! -

Anthony

Anthony Finta, Director of Internet Services http://www.caribbean-on-line.com

Now serving over 1.5 million page views a month. If your Caribbean based Web site needs visitors, get it listed on Caribbean-On-Line! You can find advertising info at: http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/infopages/collink.html

Email: anthony@finta.com  Phone: (215) 829-9477 Fax: (520) 962-1112